Friday 7 March 2014

Craft for the Craic Challenge #2

Hello, thank Crunchie it's Friday :D :D :D Today the new challenge over at Craft for the Craic begins. This month, in honour of St. Patrick, our Irish patron saint, the theme is:



Our challenges are open to ANYTHING crafty or arty - cardmaking, scrapbooking, altered art, crochet, knitting, sewing, baking, painting, drawing, candle making, jewellery making, whatever makes you craft or be creative we would like to see it!

I made a folder as a gift for a friend. (they have yet to receive it as I'm making cards to fit inside!)




This started out as a rather large sheet of SRA3 card (450mm x 320mm) which I then folded and cut down to the final size of 260mm x 150mm.



Here are some side profile pictures.


I round cornered the edges, and corner punched some green card for the front. I die cut a doily from a Sizzix Bigz die.
I then proceeded to embellish - 


I embossed a tag, and used a wooden word 'live' to it. I undid the twine on the tag and threaded through a flower and button.


I used a strip of the left over base card for the punched border in the background.  I punched and die cut some flowers of different shapes and designs, layered them and used either flat backed pearls, buttons or swirls as the centre piece.


Thank you so much for stopping by. Why not visit the rest of the design teams projects -

or give the challenge a go?


Have a wonderful Friday and a fantastic weekend :)
Happy crafting,

Eithne :)

4 comments:

Pixie Flutterby said...

Love the colours in this - very 'spring' like
Pixie
DT Craft for the Craic

Ger said...

This is gorgeous, going to have to make a folder too! Thanks for the inspiration! Ger x

Unknown said...

What a lovely project very inspiring

Sylvie, Craft for the Craic DT

Michelle said...

Love this Eithne, Your Friend will be so happy to get it! :-)
You will have to show Me how You made it :-) xx