Sunday 15 September 2013

All you Need is Love :)

This week over at Eclectic Ellapu, the challenge is "Inspired by a Song". I chose 'All you Need is Love" by the Beatles, can you see the title in the tag on the right hand side? When I was about 12 I discovered The Beatles. My Dad had some old LP's and my cousin copied them onto cassettes. I also had the score for 'Abbey Road', and being fascinated by how the music was written, I used to listen to the music while looking at the score. Oooh goodness, what that started was a mega, mega, mega love of the Beatles music.

Unfortunately/fortunately ALL of my family also had to endure my love of their songs, so all five younger siblings and my parents got to know EVERY. SINGLE. WORD. from all the albums :) What a great attribute, right? I educated them and bombarded them with the Beatles at every possible occasion - I sang the songs and played along on piano or guitar, I listened in the car to the music, I watched all the Beatle movies, I read any book or magazine I could find on them. I truly became obsessed with The Beatles. Thankfully, a few years after I discovered the Beatles they came back in vogue, and the whole world (well almost) went a little Beatle mad again :) :) :)

Whilst on holidays a year ago, I came upon a stamp set 'Love Love Love' and with 'All You Need is Love' in a gigantic craft shop. I could not pass it. Then a while back I registered for a challenge through Crafting Ireland in conjunction with Daintree Wedding Hub. It was to create a wedding project. When I got more details regarding the challenge, I soon found out I needed to heavily base my project on some papers and ribbon I received from Daintree Wedding Hub. I received beautiful handmade papers, and three different ribbons, all in a brown/copper/cream tones. I decided to make something for myself, rather than a gift for someone. This is the photo from my wedding day, over 6 years ago! My how time flies!! ;-)



The tag - the song inspiration for my frame.


I die cut a circle frame from the kraft paper and embossed it. To highlight the embossing I inked it up a little. 

A canvas flower cut out that I inked up to colour it, and used some skeleton leaves, and ribbon flowers to add a few layers.



In the sunlight you can see the glitter and highlights on the paper.


Thanks for stopping by today. Why not pop over and take part in the challenge?
I would like to enter these challenges:
Autumnal Colours - Rogue Redhead Designs
Leaves are falling (skeleton leaves) - Creative Corner Challenges
Emboss it (the circle die cut frame is embossed) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge 

Have a wonderful day :)
Eithne


11 comments:

Yvonne Garner said...

Oh how I can relate to your love of the Beatles! I was ten when they rocked our world. Sure wish I kept all the Beatles photos we got in bubble gum packages! Your wedding keepsake is just gorgeous!

Emily said...

You ruined us forever!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful work xx

Unknown said...

This is simply stunning, love it. I'm more of an Elvis fan myself though :)

Unknown said...

Thank you Yvonne and Teresa :) Emily, you had left home by that stage, I pity the younger ones ;-) :D

Lin said...

What a beautiful keepsake, Eithne! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Michelle said...

This is Sooooooooo BEAUTIFUL Eithne!! :-)
What a great keepsake!!
Hugs,
Michelle xx

Unknown said...

This is a lovely keepsake project
Thanks you so much for sharing it with us on the Ali-craft blog challenge

ali x

Vicki said...

Beautiful frame! Thanks for playing along with the RRD Rebel Challenge.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Great project, great song.
Thank you for joining in My time to craft challenge, good luck x

Anonymous said...

A beautiful and touching piece! Thanks for joining us at UPA!

purplecinn said...

This is so lovely! I am a huge Beatles fan too, I'm guessing not as big as you though because I don't know all the words to all the songs :P lol