Sunday 28 July 2013

5 Today!

During the week, my goddaughter turned 5! Goodness, can't believe she is that old already. How time flies when you are busy!!

I made this card for her birthday, and amazingly posted it on time! (woohoo, I'm slowly getting organised ;-)  )

I used a cream card folded to A5 (148.5mm x 210mm). I cut a pink sheet about 20mm shorter both sides, and embossed with my happy birthday folder.


I cut out '5' from beautiful glittery foam, and stuck it onto some glittery paper. (The photos don't allow for the glitter to show :( !!  )
 I used two dies to cut out the cerise pink border around the '5'. I had no letters or stamps small enough, so I wrote with a silver pen 'today', and of course couldn't resist two hearts!


I've been trying to find a die for bunting, but been having no joy lately! So I made my own, from washi tape. I have done this a few times before, and with my lovely collection of polka dotted washi tape, they work well together.  I attached the washi tape to some wire and put two brads into the card to thread the wire to. I have some Kaisercraft Mini Alpha Stickers, which I used to create 'happy' for the bunting.
I used an outline 'birthday' sticker for the finish.


I love the jovial, party feel the card gives. Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a great day :)

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge - Celebrate  (29/7/13)
My Creative Moments - Wordplay Birthday  (8/8/13)
Bloggers Challenge - They Say it's your Birthday
Creative Fingers Challenge - Anything Goes (1/8/13)

Why not try a challenge or two?
Eithne :)


5 comments:

Michelle said...

Lovely Card Eithne!!
Well done You getting it posted on time!! :-) :-)
The colours are great.
I Love that washi tape banner, great idea!! :-)
Hugs,
Michelle xx

Dan said...

What a lovely card for a child, so bright and colourful, I'll bet your goddaughter loved it! Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Angelique said...

So pretty. Such playfull colours and beautifull embossed bg paper.
Thank you for joining us at Creative Fingers

Huggsss, Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap

butterfly dream cards said...

Love the card, very pretty and good use of colours...al in all a lovely card....

Fiona DT

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a cute card you created for your goddaughter! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!